Although I alluded to this earlier, I haven’t gone into detail about one of my other relatively recent acquisitions, a Timex-Sinclair 1000. I got it in the original packaging, although the box is kind of beat up. Revolutionary technology made this computer possible, and the power is within my reach. […]
With the AppleTalk server in place, it was time to put the Workstation card in the Apple //e. In order to get the necessary pieces, I’d gotten one that was new in box, shrink-wrap mostly intact. Here are the unboxing pictures, in case it ever becomes important to know just […]
Small update: I installed Mac OS 9.2 on the Power Mac G3, and ran the system diagnostics on it, which all passed. I connected it to the ethernet and tried to use the internet for a while. The internet was slow back in the days of the Power Mac G3, […]
For some reason, I was not motivated to take pictures of this, but I’ve now cleaned up the Power Macintosh G3 machine, pictured here “before,” and brought it both up to the office and back to life. It was really very dirty. I completely disassembled it (and, again, was reminded […]
So, the Lisa starts up with an I/O board error, number 52. According to my list of errors, this is an “I/O COPS error” which might have as its solution a replacement of the COPS chip. There are a couple of other possible problems that could cause this I think. […]
The Apple Lisa was a big deal, you can read all about it on the internet, I won’t go into a lot of depth here. It was Apple’s first foray into GUI, before there was a Macintosh. The original (“Lisa 1”) actually says “Lisa” on the front, and had two […]
I did some testing of the power situation with the Bell & Howell ][+. As it stood, the machine would not power up when I turned it on using the backpack, but did respond when I connected a different power supply, so I initially thought the power supply needed replacement. […]
I just came across this, a IIgs emulator on the iPad (a build of ActiveGS), no jailbreak necessary. Thanks, datajerk, for splainin it! Very cool.
The terrarium and IIgs have been moved upstairs now. I don’t think this is the final position for any of these, but at least they’re up in view and out of the lab downstairs now.
I used ADTpro to make a bunch of diagnostic disks (this time using one of my Apple //cs over a serial cable I’d gotten for the purpose, and which also will allow the //c to connect to the ImageWriter II). I also made one other disk. I didn’t really play […]